- API change - analogue to analog.
- Bug fixes, experimental servo support.
- Support for non-register based I2C device read / write.
- Added Analog Output device support (added for the PCF8591).
- Introduced Java based sysfs and jpi providers. Bug fix to I2CLcd.
- Added support for BME280.
- Native support for I2C and SPI in the sysfs provider.
- Support for CHIP, BeagleBone Black and ASUS Tinker Board.
- Moved sysfs provider into diozero-core, use as the default provider.
- Preliminary support for devices that support the Firmata protocol (i.e. Arduino).
- Firmata I2C.
- Improvements to MFRC522.
- SDL Joystick JNI wrapper library.
- MFRC522 fully supported (finally).
- Added support for MCP EEPROMs.
- I2C SMBus implementation in the internal sysfs provider.
- New devices: BH1750 luminosity sensor, SSD1331 96x64 & SSD1351 128x128 65k colour OLEDs.
- Moved classes in com.diozero to com.diozero.devices.
- Changed the SPI interface from ByteBuffer to byte array.
- Added support for Particle Photon using the VoodooSpark Firmware.
- Flexible APIs for remotely accessing devices over a variety of protocols.
- Optimised GPIO input interrupt handling.
- Updated rpi_ws281x library.
- Experimental support for 433MHz receivers.
- I2C detect capability.
- Bug fix release - ws281x LED strips and analog input on BBB
- Upgrade dependencies, minor bug fixes
- Serial devices
- gpiod character device incorporated
- Renamed the “sysfs” internal provider to built-in
- Refactored package hierarchy to clearly distinguish between devices, API and SPI
- Documentation update - moved from readthedocs to GitHub pages
- Minor bug fix to support Raspberry Pi 1 Model B
- Introduce readFully method for serial devices to read specified number of bytes before returning